Fiftieth Anniversary of the Establishment of Court
Regulations (Procedural Law), commemorative badge, 1914.
Bronze gilt, enamel; 53.6 mm x 29.2 mm; weighs 15.9 grams
without wing nut. Variation with raised numerals "1864-
Nice quality badge featuring the Pillar of Law topped by
Imperial crown, with superimposed ciphers of Alexander II
and Nicholas II.
In outstanding, excellent condition. The details including
the Imperial crown are beautifully crisp, showing
practically no wear. The original fire gilt finish is well
preserved and clearly visible, especially on the recessed
parts of the badge. The screw post is full length, nearly 14
mm, and comes with original wing nut.
The badge commemorated the anniversary of the court reform
initiated in 1864 by Emperor Alexander II. The badge was
officially awarded to law professionals with outstanding
record of service.
/See "Badges of Russia" , by Patrikeev and Bojnovich,
page 210, fig. 4.31/